Welcome to the FWF ballot entry system.
To find out more information about the Fiordland Wapiti Foundation please go to the main FWF website. This is a site dedicated to entry into the ballot.
Hunting party ballot entry
Best of luck to all parties who have entered the ballot!
2019 Ballot dates
Entries open from 2nd August until 7th October 2018.
Ballot drawn on 27th October 2018 (all parties must confirm any allocation by 25th November 2018).
Dates for the 2019 Ballot blocks are:
- 1st period 20th March – 29th March 2019,
- 2nd period 30th March – 8th April,
- 3rd period 9th April – 18th April.
Briefings will be held the night before each blocks start, 19th March, 29th March, 8th April. All at 6pm – details closer to the time.
About FWF accounts
To enter the draw everyone in your hunting party must have a FWF account. You will need an email address and your personal information. All hunters must also enter their Firearms License number. For more about FWF accounts, see the Accounts page.
Ballot process basics
- Each hunter registers their own individual account.
- A party leader enters hunters into a party, chooses the preferred block and period order, submits the form, and pays the entry fee for all members (NZ$50 per hunter (or NZ$130 per overseas hunter)).
- Until ballot entries close, party members may be changed.
- On ballot day, parties are randomly numbered and a random priority order is drawn.
- If your party is drawn, your block and period preference order is checked and the first available place offered to you.
Note: If your list only has a certain number of places added, only those places will be offered (if available); other blocks or periods will be ignored, your party skipped entirely for the year and the next party checked.
- Parties are drawn until all available periods and blocks are filled.
- Parties are emailed and can accept or decline their allocation. You must notify us by November 25th.
Note: if you decline an allocation you will miss out entirely this year.