Welcome to the FWF ballot entry system.
To find out more information about the Fiordland Wapiti Foundation please go to the main FWF website. This is a site dedicated to entry into the ballot.
To enter the draw everyone in your hunting party must have a FWF account. You will need an email address and your personal information. All hunters must also enter their Firearms License number. For more about FWF accounts, see the Accounts page.
Hunting party ballot entry
Best of luck to all parties who have entered the ballot!
If everyone in your group already has an account, you're ready to create a hunting party and enter the ballot. Choose a party leader as your contact; the leader logs in with their FWF account and enters all party member's usernames and block preference.
Ballot process basics
- Each hunter registers their own individual account.
- A party leader enters hunters into a party, chooses the preferred block and period order, submits the form, and pays the entry fee for all members (NZ$20 per hunter (or NZ$100 per overseas hunter)).
- Until ballot entries close, party members may be changed.
- On ballot day, parties are randomly numbered and a random priority order is drawn.
- If your party is drawn, your block and period preference order is checked and the first available place offered to you.
Note: If your list only has a certain number of places added, only those places will be offered (if available); other blocks or periods will be ignored, your party skipped entirely for the year and the next party checked.
- Parties are drawn until all available periods and blocks are filled.
- Parties are emailed and can accept or decline their allocation. You must notify us by November 30th.
Note: if you decline an allocation you will miss out entirely this year.